EDII- Killikulam Agribusiness Incubation Forum is an Incubation located at Agricultural College and Research Institute, Killikulam. An initiative of Tamilnadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore and Entrepreneurship Development and Innovation Institute, Chennai that provides a one-stop solution for creating successful startups in agriculture & its allied sectors which navigates innovation from Ideation to full-scale commercialization, with our unique methodology, that gives a robust ecosystem from discovering ideas to delivering high-value proposition in a sustainable environment. The incubation center main focus is to promote the innovative products of Start-ups, which cater the most disruptive problems in the agricultural sector towards sustainable development.
- Enhancing and encouraging the holistic entrepreneurial ecosystem development for the agricultural sector at the southern most districts of Tamil Nadu and fostering innovations for Agri Startups through sustainable opportunities.
- To become a center for developing the agro based enterprises through outstanding support system like infrastructure, knowledge and technology transfer, mentoring, networking and market linkages.
- To identify and motivate the entrepreneurs who are truly passionate about their pursuits and provide them the required ecosystem for innovation in the ﬁeld of Value Chain in agribusiness
Why KABIF ?
We are the Platform for creating innovations among Agri start-ups whose implementation can translate into long-term solutions for the country's social and economic problems. We aim in creating entrepre neurship skills in various stakeholders like professional graduates, unemployed youths, Members of SHG, Farmers, Womens, etc., in order to augment sustainable development through income and employment generation activities. We also helps to validate, license, commercialize the concept and technology already developed by any individual or group or a firm. We involve in networking all Agro based enterprises and Agro based industry to facilitate skill development for the incubated startups and to sustain the market conditions.
Key Focus Areas
- Organic Farming
- Millets & Minor Millets
- Banana & Its Value Addition
- Urban Farming( Aerophonics, Hydrophonics)
- Mushroom Production
- Food Processing
- Palm & its Value Addition
- Bio-inputs and Bio Fertilizer Production
- AI & loT Applications